PSYC 311 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Discovery Learning, Abstraction, Training Wheels

23 views3 pages
3 Oct 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Cognitive developmental theories: kq1: two underlying concepts, cognitive goal is to make sense of the world, human beings are naturally curious b. i. b. ii. You can see this among little kids, they are naturally curious. Even though we are naturally curious, you won"t see it openly with younger children: schemes are categories that"s basically a category of everything we"ve experienced c. i. In the schemes are descriptors or whatever object, person, place, process is c. i. 1. c. i. 2. Example: professor - what characteristics comes to mind? c. ii. 1. Knowledgeable, teacher, boring, finals, male, middle aged guy with grey hair (looks like freud) c. ii. 1. a. Despite this scheme, a majority of people rarely encounter this characteristic. We think of this image because of influences prior to entering education (tv, comics, etc) c. ii. 1. b. Once we have experience a scheme enough/consistently, it becomes solid and is hard to change c. iii. Piaget like in scheme development did not take into consideration of culture to create schemes c. iii. 1. a. c. iii. 1. a. i. c. iii. 1. a. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers