NUTR 132 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Lorcaserin, Phentermine, Liraglutide

26 views3 pages

Document Summary

Need a solid plan to handle weight-control lapses: don"t overreact, take charge immediately, continue to practice newly learned behavior. Don"t allow lapse to collapse all efforts. ii: weight-loss maintenance requires 3 m"s, motivation, movement, monitoring, dietary guidelines strategies for action i. ii. iii. iv. Improving knowledge of what constitutes healthy eating and physical activity patterns. Enhance access to adequate amounts of healthy, safe, and affordable food choices. Promote change in social and cultural norms and values to embrace, support, and maintain healthy eating and physical activity behaviors: medications for weight loss i. ii. Candidates have bmi 30 or bmi 27 with at least one obesity-associated comorbid condition. (belviq : lorcaserin , orlistat a. acts on serotonin brain receptors and is thought to promote satiety. (xenical ) enzyme action: blocks fat digestion by about 30% by inhibiting lipase, phentermine, liraglutide suppresses appetite. (saxenda ) a. a. slows gastric emptying and enhances satiety: treatment of severe obesity i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers