NUTR 132 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Skeletal Muscle, Fitness Professional, Strength Training

18 views3 pages

Document Summary

Physical activity, exercise, & physical fitness, physical activity, exercise, and physical fitness are not synonymous, physical activity: . Any movement of skeletal muscles that requires energy. i. Outweigh the risks for most: exercise: . Physical activities that are planned, repetitive, and intended to improve physical fitness. d: 2008 physical activity guidelines for americans, for substantial health benefits adults should do: i. ii. iii. At least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity . 75 minutes per week of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity . An equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous- intensity aerobic activity. Or: activity should be performed in episodes of at least 10 minutes, spread throughout the week, types of activities, moderate-intensity i. ii. Aerobic activity that increases heart rate and breathing (5 to 6 on r. Brisk walking, dancing, swimming, bicycling (level terrain): vigorous-intensity i. ii. Aerobic activity that greatly increases heart rate and breathing (7 to. Jogging, tennis, swimming (continuous laps), bicycling uphill: muscle-strengthening i. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers