NUTR 132 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Eating Disorder, Disordered Eating, Endorphins

17 views3 pages

Document Summary

From ordered to disordered eating habits a. Dieting promoted to achieve it: may lead to a disorder, need for social acceptance i. Is linked to physiological changes: origins of eating disorders, many eating disorders start with a simple diet, main types of eating disorders are i. ii. iii. Accounts for 50% to 83% of risk for developing an eating disorder. Identical twins more likely than fraternal twins to share eating disorders. iii. Environmental factors also play a role: changing face of eating disorders, typically develop during adolescence or young adulthood, co-occur with other psychological disorders, crossing ethnic and cultural groups, recognition of disorder is critical to treatment. i. Eating disorders diagnosed using specific criteria from the. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (d s m-5): changing face of eating disorders: women vs. men, women. Held to standard of unnatural thinness. i. ii: men i. 40% of binge eating disorder cases: athletes i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers