Course
Professor
ochrechimpanzee48 and 16 others unlocked
ECON 2010 Full Course Notes
ECON 2010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
46 documents

Document Summary

Economist: an economist plays 2 roles a. i. a. ii. Scientist: try to explain the world, try to understand it. Policy advisors: try to improve the world: economists employ the scientific method a. i. Development and testing of theories about how the world works. Assumptions and models: assumptions simplify the complex world, it makes it easier to understand a. i. Simplified economy: assume there are 2 countries in the world to trade these two items: model: a highly simplified representation of a more complicated reality a. i. a. ii. Macroeconomics and microeconomics: microeconomics: the study of how households and firms make decisions and how they interact in markets, macroeconomics: the study of economic-wide phenomena, including: inflation unemployment, economic growth. Positive statements can be confirmed, normative statements cannot. Why economists disagree: conflicting policy advice, disagree about the validity of alternative positive theories about the world, different normative views and how to solve them.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers