ANAT 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Osmotic Concentration, Rickets, Aldosterone

20 views7 pages

Document Summary

4 general areas in peripheral: o o. Calcium regulation - parathyroid gland: adrenal gland o. Thyroid gland: is inferior to larynx by throat and that"s anterior to trachea o. Thyroid is a butterfly shape gland with right and left lateral lobes that"s connected by isthmus o. Functional unit = thyroid follicle (spherical) that"s filled with gel-like substance called. Iodide coming in through blood - comes from diet/salt - is pumped in to colloid that"s surrounded by cuboidal follicular cells. Thyroid cells produce thyroid hormones the cells using atp and then diffuses to the colloid - goes from i- to i2. Parafollicular cells/c cells: cells that are between the follicular cells that produce calcitonin that regulates calcium and phosphate in the blood. Follicular cells are stimulated by tsh to produce the thyroid hormones: by getting tsh to be produced by anterior pituitary. Iodide (i-) is trapped into the follicle cell and becomes iodine. Follicle cell produces thyroglobulin (tgb) and is secreted.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers