ORGB 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Farjana, Job Performance, Organizational Commitment

38 views6 pages

Document Summary

The workplace can be simply defined as the location at which an employee provides service for an employer. However, today this definition has become much more complex. Today, workplace emphasis principles and research from organizational behavior to make businesses operate more effectively. Aspects like motivation, job performance, organizational commitment, and communication are important for every workplace. I have witnessed all these aspects throughout my job experiences. Job performance is a big factor in the workplace. Understanding one"s job performance is not only important for the employer but also for the employee as well. Mbo, bars, and 360 feedback not only helps determine if the person is working efficiently but it can also determine their value in the company due to their citizenship behavior. At my last co-op as an immunization compliance officer. My main responsibility was to review immunization records and to inform students about their immunization compliance status, which falls under routine task performance.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers