Sociology
Course
SOCI 1025
Professor
David H.Knox
Semester
Spring

Description
C&M 1/24/17 Long Distance Dating Relationships -Long distance: Being separated by 500 miles, 8 hrs, or months at a time. -Difficult to maintain -Different types: Online, meeting somewhere someone else, separated by education or career. -Main variable that separates a couple: they are regretfully apart. -Category of people that don’t want to mess with a long-distance relationship: half of people. -Positive labeling: “I love you, I care about you, you’re worth it” That is different, and that is special. First thing you get out of it: You care about each other. -Second: You keep the relationship high because you don’t have constant exposure. Stay high, stay in love with them because you can’t always see them. Satiation does not have time to set in. -Third: You have time to focus on your school or career. -Fourth: You’ll have a lot of your own personal time. -Fifth: Maintain the illusion that “we” have a perfect relationship. If you cant see them everyday you can maintain the illusion of being delleriously involve with them. Satiation- A stimulus loses its value with repeated exposure It could be to
More Less

Related notes for SOCI 1025

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit