ACC 344 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Non-Bank Financial Institution, Interbank, Market Basket

57 views4 pages
17 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
Exchange Rate
- price of one currency in terms of another
- type of asset price
ie: #$/€ or #€/$
Depreciation
- fall in currency price in terms of foreign currency
- currency gets weaker compared to foreign currency, 1 unit of currency buys fewer foreign currencies
or takes more currency to buy 1 foreign currency
- iports see ore epesive to residets of depreiatig urre ↓IM
- exports by depreciating countr see heaper for foreigers ↑EX
- overall, CA ↑ so either surplus ireases or defiit dereases
- terms of trade deteriorate as import prices increase relative to export prices... imports buy fewer
exports
Appreciation
- rise in currency price in terms of foreign currency
- currency gets stronger compared to foreign currency, 1 unit of currency buys more foreign currencies
or takes less currency to buy 1 foreign currency
- iports see heaper to residets of appreiatig urre ↑IM
- exports of appreiatig outr see ore epesive to foreigers ↓EX
- overall, CA ↓ so either surplus dereases or defiit ireases
- terms of trade improve as export prices increase relative to import prices... imports buy more exports
AdvertisementUpgrade to remove ads
Foreign Exchange Market
- market in which international currency trade takes place
- actors: commercial banks, corporations, nonbank financial institutions, central banks
Interbank Trading
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Price of one currency in terms of another. Type of asset price ie: #$/ or # /$ Fall in currency price in terms of foreign currency. Currency gets weaker compared to foreign currency, 1 unit of currency buys fewer foreign currencies or takes more currency to buy 1 foreign currency. I(cid:373)ports see(cid:373) (cid:373)ore e(cid:454)pe(cid:374)sive to reside(cid:374)ts of depre(cid:272)iati(cid:374)g (cid:272)urre(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:455) (cid:894) im(cid:895) Exports by depreciating countr(cid:455) see(cid:373) (cid:272)heaper for foreig(cid:374)ers (cid:894) ex(cid:895) Overall, ca so either surplus i(cid:374)(cid:272)reases or defi(cid:272)it de(cid:272)reases. Terms of trade deteriorate as import prices increase relative to export prices imports buy fewer exports. Rise in currency price in terms of foreign currency. Currency gets stronger compared to foreign currency, 1 unit of currency buys more foreign currencies or takes less currency to buy 1 foreign currency. I(cid:373)ports see(cid:373) (cid:272)heaper to reside(cid:374)ts of appre(cid:272)iati(cid:374)g (cid:272)urre(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:455) (cid:894) im(cid:895) Exports of appre(cid:272)iati(cid:374)g (cid:272)ou(cid:374)tr(cid:455) see(cid:373) (cid:373)ore e(cid:454)pe(cid:374)sive to foreig(cid:374)ers (cid:894) ex(cid:895) Overall, ca so either surplus de(cid:272)reases or defi(cid:272)it i(cid:374)(cid:272)reases.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers