SOP 3004 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Cognitive Dissonance, Mirror Neuron, Social Rejection

49 views11 pages
27 Jul 2017
School
Course

Document Summary

Emotion - a specific (conscious?) evaluative reaction to some event: i am afraid of alligators. Mood - general disposition or state: i"m in bad mood. Affect - valence of evaluation toward an event: i have a negative affective response to alligators. Controls how you feel about a given behavior and helps you decide whether you"ll engage in that behavior or not. You don"t learn how to feel about things so you repeat decisions. People without the ability for affect repeat mistakes. Control participants learn to avoid risky decks: felt twinges of affect. Brain damaged patients never learned: don"t learn to anticipate loss (punishment, they also can"t make everyday decisions (ex. James-lange theory of emotion (accepted: sti(cid:373)ulus physiological arousal e(cid:373)otio(cid:374) Cannon-bard theory of emotion: sti(cid:373)ulus physiological arousal or, sti(cid:373)ulus e(cid:373)otio(cid:374) Schacter-singer theory of emotion: sti(cid:373)ulus physiological arousal e(cid:373)otio(cid:374) or, sti(cid:373)ulus cog(cid:374)itive appraisal e(cid:373)otio(cid:374, physiological arousal cog(cid:374)itive appraisal. People are usually good at identifying emotions (cross-culturally)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers