AMH-2097 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Ted Nelson, As We May Think, Apple I

35 views2 pages
8 Jun 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Communication that uses a combination of different media. May include text, sound, images, animation, video. We will focus on the development of multimedia elements using the computer. Abc computer (john atanasoff and clifford berry) 1939. Mark i (howard aiken & grace hooper) 1944. Scelbi billed as the first personal computer (1974) Apple i (1976) and apple ii (1977) Apple macintosh (1984) & microsoft windows (1985) In 1984 apple introduced a radical new design for personal computers the. This was a significant change in computing because. The computer had an internal hard drive (semi-permanent storage) Uses computer"s graphics capabilities to make the program easier to use. Frees the user from learning complex command languages. Keyboard, mouse, monitor, scanner, printer, speakers, cameras. Manages disks, common functions, programs, system memory, storage/retrieval, sharing files, multitasking. Word processing, spread sheet, desktop publishing, presentations, graphics, web editors, communication, games, etc. Temporary memory loads the program to ram space during work time .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers