PSYCH 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: External Degree, Internal Validity, Dependent And Independent Variables

6 views3 pages
18 Oct 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Internal validity sure of cause of results. Gain it to the degree to which you are manipulating and know that you are controlling. External degree to which behavior is naturally occurring. Continuum higher external validity as we move more out into the real world. But can also have it in an experiment when you use deception, when they don"t think this is being measured. Operationalization how you choose to manipulate variable is very important. How do you know that what you are doing is making people anxious, not frustration, anger. How i choose to measure something is also operationalization. How you operationalize both independent and dependent variables. Operationalizing the variables the way we think we are if i have some sort of measurement of something i think should be stable, measured across time should be consistent, reliable. Good measure of intelligence should be reliable across time.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers