MSOM 306 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Collective Identity

42 views2 pages

Document Summary

Objectives: at the end of this class you should be able to. Describe what is meant conceptually by the term emergent states. Describe how psychological states emerge on a team, including important influencers. Emergence states- describe the cognitive motivational and affective states of the team as opposed to the nature of member interaction. Aggregate method- add up to figure out group cohesion; how you feel about a team. Pro: ask different questions i. e. lmx retention. Interdependence is one of the greatest moderator of the relationship between emergence states and performance. Factors: organizational efficacy, individual self-efficacy, feedback, individual performance. High self-efficacy goal striving individual performance. High team efficacy action processes team performance. Cognitive emergent states (i. e. transactive memory; shared mental models) Expectations social norms, organizational context team task. Behavioral entrainment- synchronize our behavior to match others. Mood contagion (affective emergent states) (i. e. laugh tracks on comedy shows) Weaker personalities are willing to change their behavior to match needs of situation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers