FAMR 230 Lecture 8: FAMR 230 WEEK 8

41 views7 pages

Document Summary

3 double spaced assignments (2 pages) extra credit. Middle childhood (cid:498)when ) examine myself and my methods of thought, ) come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for abstract thinking. (cid:499) With further advances in cognitive skills, children have opportunity to expand their creative potential. Creativity is defined as flexible and original thought. Background: middle childhood is period of not only increased cognitive skills. Convergent thinking: finding one correct solution to a problem. Creativity involves divergent thinking: opportunities to think in novel ways and take risks can foster creativity. As they grow older, children begin to create entire universes of reality in their play. (cid:499) Creativity is child(cid:495)s natural state, but something happens on way to adulthood. Surveillance: hovering over children and making them feel they are constantly being watched; when they are under constant observation, risk- taking and creative urge go underground.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers