ENGL 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, Emmitsburg, Maryland, Photojournalism

36 views1 pages

Document Summary

This photo depicts three firemen raising the american flag at the world trade center after terrorist attack on september 11, 2001. A photojournalist named thomas e. franklin took this photo after witnessing the attacks. The purpose of photojournalism is to portray a historical event while evoking emotion. I believe he took this photo because it promotes a sense of patriotism and hope during a time when hope seemed lost. Franklin snapped this photograph, he created a document that would appeal to the entire. American population and those who were most affected by the 9/11 terrorist attacks. I believe this deserves to be listed as one of the most iconic photos of the twenty-first century because amongst all the chaos, the focal point of this photograph is the american flag. This aspect of the photograph stands out to me the most. The photo shows that america can not be swayed no matter the circumstances.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers