PSYC 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 27: Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Unconditional Positive Regard, Cognitive Therapy

6 views4 pages

Document Summary

The ability to experience and feel what that person is. Identifying and changing cognitive distortions changing it. Identifying they way in which the person thinks negatively and. Disputing irrational beliefs i can do well in college. Presenting problem is symptom of dysfunctional system. Whatever their problem is, it"s actually the system"s problem. Child acting up may reflect on parents" behavior/relationship. Taking all individual studies and seeing which is most effective. Someone is coming in to talk about problems/explaining them/suggesting how to solve them. Different people will perceive others quite differently. Our perceptions can be quite biased based on our backgrounds. The notion of to what do we attribute the motives/actions of people. Due to the person vs. due to the environment. Specific i played well because it was an easy team/i was taller. How much experience have you had with this particular person if you"ve seen their behavior previously that will affect your view.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers