PSY-P 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Kim Kardashian, Facial Symmetry, Fundamental Attribution Error

33 views10 pages
1 Aug 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Social : study of the individual in society & how society influences the individual; Ii. you aren"t aware of; fairly-stable and organized; can be positive or negative; will determine what kind of information we will turn too, especially if the situation is ambiguous. Attitudes: organized beliefs about some aspect of the world; can have attitudes that. The reason that people fear/like them; they are dangerous; they eat flies and i hate flies so i like them affective (feelings): positive or negative: like or don"t like. Emotion; huge when it comes to hot button issues (religion, politics) Ex. ) spiders: affect towards spiders would be i hate and fear spiders behavioral (predisposition to act): use or avoid. If you"re scared spiders, you are more predisposed to run away aka avoid the spiders. Advertisers want us to feel happy about deodorant. Pair deodorant with something that makes us happy/excited (pairing deodorant with sex to make people want it)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers