PSY-P 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Social Desirability Bias, Authoritarianism, Conventionalism

33 views3 pages

Document Summary

Promote beliefs & values of own culture a. ii. 1. Ethnocentrism: humans have a tendency for self-preservation, as well as having the ability to be self-conscious c. i. Terror premature mortality gives rise to this: cultural worldviews, humanly created and transmitted beliefs a. i. Cling more tenaciously to our own worldview a. ii. Respond positively to those who share our world view a. iii. Respond negatively to those who threaten our world view: mortality salience paradigm, mortality salience condition we give them a legitimate personality assessment a. i. What does death mean , what do you think happens after death: control condition things that don"t make you more conscious of their own mortality. How does taking an exam make you feel c. Social judgements about those who threaten worldview: those in the mortality salience condition will make more negative judgements about those with a differing worldview. This showed the relationship between their disdain for jews and their favor for their own cultures b. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers