PSY-P 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Socioeconomic Status, Physical Attractiveness

16 views2 pages

Document Summary

They will experience more prestige in life, more success in their careers, more likely to be married b. ii. 3. Some truth they do tend to be less lonely, experience less social anxiety, more sexually experienced, more popular b. ii. 4. a. More likely to get married as well as divorced: more socially skilled more opportunities to practice/hone these skills, social profit if we are of average attractiveness by being seen as very attractive to other people d. i. Rule of assimilation if you are a average attractive person, seen with a very attractive person, you will be seen by others as more attractive than you really are d. i. 1. d. i. 2. Rule of homogamy we like people who are like us b. i. 1. Applies to not only humans but even lower animals b. i. 1. a. Spiders w/ black or brown painted legs: demographic similarity c. i. 1. c. i. 2. c. i. 3. Socioeconomic status: attitude similarity the biggest factor d. i. Physical attraction is a linear function of the proportion of attitude similarity d. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers