PSY-P 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Behaviorism, Mass Media

27 views2 pages

Document Summary

5 31 persuasion: 1 sided vs 2 sided arguments, aware of different perspectives, relatively well-educated c. Likely exposure to subsequent information: timing, primacy effect info that is encountered initially is encoded better, recency effect info discovered at the end is better coded, better stored and more easily recalled b. i. None (every thing is so condensed its viewed as one event) b. iii. M1 m2 d primacy (these have greater influence than recency effects) b. iv. If you initially dislike the stimulus, you will increasingly dislike it with each exposure: good complex message intrigued audience ponders on message, bad simple annoyed audience, the channel, mass media a. i. Allows communicator the chance to exploit communicator variables (credibility, attractiveness: face to face b. i. Tailor your message to fit a particular audience and become that much more persuasive: the audience some people are more persuadable than others a. Less intelligent people are more easily persuadable: self-esteem b. i. Really low self-esteem = not persuadable at all b. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers