COB 218 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: S Corporation, Operating Agreement, Sole Proprietorship

35 views3 pages

Document Summary

Pros: receive all profits, easier/ less costly to start, allows flexibility. Cons: personally liable for all losses/ liabilities, lacks continuity on death of proprietor. Franchises: fra(cid:374)(cid:272)hisor allo(cid:449)s fra(cid:374)(cid:272)hisee to use the trade(cid:373)ark i(cid:374) the sale of goods/ ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)es. Manufacturing or processing plant arrangement: coca cola. Limited liability partnership: formed under state law, limits personal liability from the malpractice of other partners. Limited liability companies: formed & operated in compliance with state law. Advantages: profits pass through & taxes are paid individually. Operating agreement: management, dividing profits, transfer of membership interests, will it be dissolved on death/ departure of member owe fiduciary duties. Corporate officers & executives hired by the board of directors. Rights of shareholders: preemptive rights (can buy stock before others), dividends, net profits, surplus, inspection rights, transfer shares, shareholders derivative suit (can sue on behalf of corporation proceeds go back to corporation) Legality (my drug dealer ripped me off)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers