ANTH 1001 Lecture : Anthro Notes Fall 2016

9 views2 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Metaphase chromosomes align independently from one another. Prophase i homologous chromosomes synapse; crossing over (recombination) occurs. Metaphase i homologous chromosomes remain paired with one another in alignment. Nonhomologous pairs of chromosomes align independently from one another. Metaphase ii chromosomes align independently from one another. Replication of chromosomes: during interphase, when a chromosome replicates 2 chromatids are produced, and they are held together (temporarily) by a centromere. Dna: double helix, dna is comprised of nucleotides, nucleotide consists of phosphoric acid, sugar, and base, 4 bases, adenine (a, cytosine (c, guanine (g, thymine (t, based bond with one another. Each dna strand acts as a template (i. e. a master strand for copying) for the information of another strand. Each chromatid consists of one parental and a newly synthesized strand. Gene segment of dna that codes for a protein. Amino acid constituent parts of a protein. The sequence of nucleotides in a gene determines the sequence of amino acids in a protein.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers