ANP 330 Lecture Notes - Lecture 43: Medulla Oblongata, Projection Fiber, Grey Matter
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
ANP 330 Lecture 43
What are the 6 major regions of the adult brain?
1) Cerebrum - largest, superior, superficial
4) Medulla oblongata
What is the function of the cerebrum?
- conscious thought processes, intellectual functions
- memory storage and processing
- conscious and subconscious regulation of skeletal muscle contractions
- the two hemispheres are almost completely separated by longitudinal fissures
3 fiber types of white matter of the cerebrum?
1) Association fibers
2) Commissural fibers
3) Projection fibers
3 regions of grey matter of the cerebral cortex?
part of the white matter of the cerebrum within each hemisphere
part of the white matter of the cerebrum that connect the hemispheres
part of the white matter of the cerebrum that connect with the diencephalon, brain
stem, cerebellum and spinal cord
ridges that increase surface area in the cerebral cortex (gray matter)
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version