ISS 335 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Austin American-Statesman, Slut-Shaming, White Supremacy

29 views7 pages

Document Summary

Positionality-first day of lecture by their location within shifting networks of relationships, which can be analyzed. Positionality describes how people are defined (cid:498)not in terms of fixed identities, but and changed. (cid:499) Positionaltiy also means that"s the (cid:498)knowers specific position in any o: the questions they ask [and] now they frame them . Gregory et al. (2009, 556) defines positionality as: The fact that a researchers social, cultural and subject positions (and others psychological processes) affect: their relations with those they research in the field or through interviews. [and] interpretations they place on empirical evidence: access to data, institutions and outlets for research dissemination; and, the likelihood that they will be listened to and heard. My identity that i could classify myself into would be through my standpoint on environmental concerns, political party, and how i view the political world. I chose this because my view on these topics may differ from the peers i am surrounded by.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers