PSY 430 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Opiate, Opioid, Substance P

34 views3 pages
7 Dec 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

D: the most destination for most information from the auditory system located in the superior temporal cortex. I: main area within the cerebral cortex responsible for the auditory system. M: relates to the structures and associated areas that aid in the auditory system. E: damage to auditory cortex causes impairment of understanding auditory concepts. D: sound localization depends upon comparing the response of two ears (three cues: sound shadow, time of arrival, and phase difference) I: mechanism within the auditory system that help distinguish sounds. E: humans localize low frequency sound by phase difference and high frequency sound by loudness differences. D: fewer than average connections from auditory cortex to prefrontal cortex. I: condition where there are fewer than average connections from the auditory cortex to the prefrontal cortex. E: weak memory for pitch and weak attention to pitch. D: more likely if early musical training and more likely among those who speak a tonal language.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers