BIOL 1119 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Cardiac Output, Vagus Nerve, Tachycardia

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

Karina da rosa: cardiac output, sympathetic nervous system. In the sa node: opening of special na + channels leads to increased influx of sodium input : brings nodal cell back up to threshold quicker, depolarization occurs quicker, heart rate increases. In cardiocytes: more ca + channels open on the surface of cells and on the sr, more calcium both on the inside and outside, positive membrane potential more quickly i. Increases the speed of depolarization more quickly : heart rate deceases: cytosolic calcium concentration, raises more quickly : increases contraction speed i. ii. Pumps ca + back into the sr: cardiocytes can repolarize and relax more quickly, more calcium = more troponin = more actin sites = more crossbridges form = better contraction strength, parasympathetic output i. Cardioinhibitory center sends out signals via the vagus nerve. Innervate sa and av nodes: cholinergic and inhibitory effects, secretes acetylcholine, binds to muscarinic receptors on nodal cells i. ii. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers