BIOL 2301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Mendelian Inheritance, Punnett Square, Reciprocal Cross

34 views6 pages

Document Summary

Genotypes: 4x4: punnet square, how to get an f1 dyhybrid individual: one parent with both dominant and one parent with both recessive. If you do a test cross and get all 4 possibilities: you know parent was a dihybrid: reginald crundall punnett, probability in mendelian genetics, addition rule: use when two probabilities are mutually exclusive, ex. Probability two offspring from a cross are round: 2 important independent events: I(cid:374)depe(cid:374)de(cid:374)t assort(cid:373)e(cid:374)t of traits a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)depe(cid:374)de(cid:374)t fertilizatio(cid:374) result i(cid:374) me(cid:374)del"s observed ratios. Hu(cid:374)ti(cid:374)gto(cid:374)"s: autosomal recessive, most affected persons have unaffected parents, parents are carriers, ex. Albinism: dominance, depends on phenotype of the trait in question, ex. Sbei starch gene: dominance: property of a pair of alleles in relation to a particular phenotype. Incomplete dominance = intermediate phenotypes: phenotype of heterozygous genotype is intermediate between the phenotypes of the homozygous genotypes, ex. If they complement: same gene: same complementation group: does(cid:374)"t (cid:272)o(cid:373)ple(cid:373)e(cid:374)t: differe(cid:374)t ge(cid:374)e: different complementation groups, epistasis and complementation are related.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers