COMM 1101 Lecture 19: Intercultural communication is an integral part of our daily communication

61 views7 pages

Document Summary

Iconic signs: these are signs that resemble what they refer to. Increase motivation: without the motivation to be an effective communicator, no other skills will be relevant. Avoid stereotypes: cultural dif can lead to prejudices and stereotypes, generalization are good until become rigid, stereotyping can become self-fulfilling may react in ways that reinforce your stereotyp, being too nice and sweet is also bad. Intercultural communication is an integral part of our daily communication. Yes, media, i(cid:374)(cid:272)ludi(cid:374)g so(cid:272)ial (cid:373)edia, is rele(cid:448)a(cid:374)t i(cid:374) toda(cid:455)"s so(cid:272)iet(cid:455), (cid:271)ut so is (cid:448)arious (cid:373)edia that i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)es te(cid:454)t based messages such as imessage, facebook and others. This is due to lack of nonverbal cues and gestures usually present in face to face interactions. However, these also have some flaws when used to communicate, especially interculturally. Gender: socialized to communicate in different ways, culture impact through influence on language and perception. The gun swap is just one of a number of emoji changes the company announced on monday.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers