PHIL 1165 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: World Medical Association, Hippocratic Oath, Nuremberg Code

47 views4 pages

Document Summary

Karina da rosa: consent, hippocratic oath and passive consent i. Instilling trustful and promising secrecy establishes passive consent : there is a presumption that there is no risk ii. Issues with simple consent: tuskegee case i. ii. Study experimented the long term role of syphilis in the black male population: willowbrook school case i. ii. 80% of individuals contracted hepb: fernald school i. ii. Determining the effects of radiation: university of minnesota drug trials i. Professionals have concerns with comprehensibility: professional standard i. Truth telling // character building: withholding information, beauchamp, finding the balance between autonomy and nonmaleficence i. Competency assessment: changes in mental status, refusal of treatment, consent to high risk intervention, risk factors for impaired decisions vi. Ethical//legal thresholds: communicating a choice//preference, behavior vs impulse, understanding relevant information, reasonable choice, appreciation of consequences of a decision vii. 2: springer case - refusal of necessary treatment viii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers