CHEM-UA 109 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Atp Synthase, Light-Independent Reactions, Electrochemical Gradient

12 views2 pages

Document Summary

Photosynthesis: gives o2 and food, chloroplasts, thylakoid membrane - where light reaction occurs, grana - stack of thylakoids, stroma - aqueous fluid (site of calvin cycle, chromatography, separates parts (i. e. chlorophyll a and b) a. i. What lights they absorb - absorption spectrum a. ii. Light powers movement of electron through etc to nadph a. ii. H2o split - o2 that diffuses out of cell, h ions a. iii. As electron moves through, every time it goes through a protein, it pumps protons to the inside a. iii. 1. a. iii. 2. H+ then moves out through atp synthase a. iii. 2. a. Every time h+ goes through, it generates atp (into stroma for calvin. Water and light go in - produce o2, nadph, and atp c. ii. Energy transfers to calvin cycle: synthesis - to make (calvin cycle, stroma, rubp - 5c molecule b. i. Rubisco attaches 1c molecule to rubp and breaks it into two 3c molecules b. ii. Eventually turns into g3p - can be used for glucose b. ii. 1.