EURO-UA 511 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Mensheviks, Archduke Franz Ferdinand Of Austria, David Lloyd George

32 views4 pages

Document Summary

World war i (1914 1918, bismarck"s diplomacy (isolate france and russia) overruled when kaiser wilhelm takes over, bismarck had alliance with austria hungary b. i. Generally heavy handed: 1905: moroccan crisis c. i. French and german have a tense stand off over morocco c. ii. Rising franco-german tensions: 1908: austria annexes bosnia d. i. Serbians saw themselves as the slavic state in the balkans. Thought they should rule over all of the slavs: up to world war i, series of flashpoints, balkan wars f. i. Forces of nationalism triumphant: pan slavism g. i. Similar to how russians saw themselves as protectors of christian. 1914: archduke franz ferdinand killed (austria) by pan slavist supported by serbia g. ii. 1. Seen as an opportunity to insight war with serbia g. iii. Germany and austria are very close allies g. iii. 1. Kaiser of germany gives austria blank check g. iii. 1. a. Blank check gave austria confidence to attack (alone, austria wouldn"t stand a chance against russia) g. iii. 2.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers