HIST-UA 651 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Venus Figurines, The Human Experience, Human Migration

16 views4 pages

Document Summary

Early peoples, river valley civilizations and ancient empires: chapter 1 and 2: introduction a. i. Human history started around 250,000 years ago with the earliest homo sapiens (humans) in africa: prehistory and early peoples b. i. 1. From 250,000 until about 12,000-11,000 our early ancestors were generally hunter-gatherers that lived in small bands because they were unable to sustain a large population. This time was known as the paleolithic (old stone age) era because they used stone tools rather than metal tools. b. i. 2. Hunter-gatherers were foragers or food collectors rather than food producers. Instead of requiring the earth to produce what they wanted, they took or perhaps borrowed what nature had to offer. Adapt to environment acquisition of food b. i. 3. a. Because these early paleolithic people were hunter- gatherers they were nomadic, as they had to follow the food. This may have attributed to the eventual migration of.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers