PSYCH-UA 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Suggestibility, Prefrontal Cortex, Lexical Decision Task

70 views3 pages

Document Summary

Memory memory used for time travel to re-experience past events. Types of memory sensory memory long term working. Part of memory that is active; pieces of memory that i"m consciously aware of. Can hold 5-9 pieces of info (ie. a phone number) have strategies to keep info in working memory. Explicit: things i can explicitly + verbally recount (what i did saturday) Distributed representation: neuron patterns overlap when seeing similar events; patterns with related concepts overlap each other. Episodic: memory of episodes/ things that happened. Experience encode memory retrieval. Encoding: different patterns are encoded for different experiences. Procedural memory: remember how to do things. Priming: exposure to one stimulus affects response to another stimulus. H. m patient who got in bike accident + developed really bad seizures that happened in hippocampus, so doctor removed entire hippocampus unable to form new memories for events you experience and facts you encounter (anterograde amnesia)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers