ECON 4400 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Xi Xi, Elche, Thx

21 views3 pages

Document Summary

Destimation bestguest of a numericalvaluefor unknown characteristic of a pop dist. Suchas mean hypothesis lest formulatespecifichypothesis about population characteristics mean then usingsample date whether this hypothesis is likely to be true confidence interval provide us an interval for unknown pop characteristic c mean. Randomsauplechoose a subjerrs from a pop with each hewing the same chance of beingchosenfor the sample. Howdo you get a randomsample define your pop pick in observations from the pop. Example pop students in tntr4400 variableof interest height samplespace samplesize io indivisnerly. I. i independently distributed identically if your random sampleis iid then each subjecthas the samemarginal dist n i e theobjecthasidenticaldist for i valueof x does not provideany information about other objects i e the objectsare independent. I then xi 8ampleaverage estimatoris a rule that one uses to estimate guest a true pop parameter estimator is a r v a estimatorshareproperties that we use to choose thebeef candidate out of many alternative.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers