GEOG 2400 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Carrying Capacity, Hydrosphere, Extremophile

43 views14 pages

Document Summary

What is environmental geography: the study of how humans interact with the environment study of people and the environment, highly interdisciplinary, inclusive, holistic. We are inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their acts harold nicolson. It"s other people who are messing up, not me. Food: dependent today, less than 2% farmers food production is high, capability to produce individually is declined vulnerable, with being consumers, we have established connections around the world. Rare earth minerals lithium batteries: everyday use cars, phones, etc, produce rarely in united states, most come from china. Consumption and connections worldwide: food production shipping water to locations i. e. american west consumes energy, can"t grow it, have to mine it ex. Increasingly, we are encouraging on prime orangutan habitat. England, canada: this pattern of colonizer and colonized laid groundwork for rise of mdcs and.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers