BIOS 1700 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Fluorine, Salt Metathesis Reaction, Potassium Bromide

17 views3 pages

Document Summary

100% ionization/dissociation a. i. 1. soluble ionic compounds, strong acids/bases: weak electrolyte b. i. Ions in solution: using the empirical formula of an ionic compound, can predict the amount of each ion present in solution upon dissociation a. i. Sample problem: what amount of each ion (in moles) is in each of the following solutions a. i. Aqueous ionic reactions: for aqueous ionic reactions, there are multiple ways to represent a chemical reaction a. i. A total ionic equation shows all soluble ionic substances (anything that is a strong electrolyte) as its respective aqueous, dissociated/ionized ion a. ii. Spectator ions- ions do not participate in the chemical reaction. Double displacement reactions: there are two general subsets of reactions we are going to discuss a. i. Reduction-oxidation (redox) reactions: the first type of aqueous ionic reaction is the double displacement reaction. Precipitation reaction: precipitation reactions involve the formation of an insoluble solid from aqueous ions, generalized solubility rules b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers