HIST 1103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: War Industries Board, Herbert Hoover, Federal Fuel Administration

25 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Legacies of world war i on the home front. Growing alliance between big business and government. a. ii. Public attitudes between big business and government a. iii. Impact of world war i on women and african-americans: questions to keep in mind? b. i. What wartime agencies helped bring about this partnership? b. ii. How did the government react to critics of the war? b. iii. The application of progressive ideals: mobilization agencies b. i. Council of national defense created before the united states entered the war. Board that assessed vital materials that were needed for the war effort. b. ii. Powers regulate the agricultural sector of the economy in order to feed civilian and military population of the usa, as well as its allies. Sets the price at a level that guarantees the producer/farmer a profit. Role of herbert hoover hoover"s leadership made the food administration into national recognition. b. ii. 3. Encouraging voluntary action encouraged citizens to limit food consumption.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers