BIOL 141 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Capillary, Respiratory System, Cellular Respiration

43 views4 pages
14 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Respiratory system notes: what are the main functions of neuronal circuits involved with the heart, altering blood pressure a. i. Cardiac output alters the amount of blood in the arterial system a. ii. This volume impacts the blood pressure: altering how fast blood moves to the lungs b. i. Blood in lungs picks up oxygen needed by cells b. ii. Blood in lungs releases carbon dioxide, a waste that alters the ph of our body: providing sufficient blood moves to the kidneys c. i. Filtration of blood at kidneys depends on blood pressure c. ii. Filtration removes wastes, reabsorb important molecules and maintain blood volume. Respiratory system: respiration has 3 meanings: a. i. The use of oxygen for metabolism: lung structure b. i. Trachea bronchi bronchiole alveolus (once cell thick, site of gas exchange) b. i. 1. Tube-like structures made up of cartilage and smooth muscle. Cells of alveoli: an alveolus is a balloon-like structure at the end of bronchi, contain 3 cell types: b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers