SOC 119 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Struffoli, Dried And Salted Cod, Edward Burnett Tylor

61 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

These cultures can be defined by almost any means; race, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, etc. help shape each individual culture. And while each culture is different, every culture can have something in common with the next. Almost every aspect of our culture, including music, food, and art, can be traced to a particular ethnicity or ethnicities. I would like to focus on different food as a cultural aspect. Food in every culture is valued for different reasons, ingredient and recipes. Some foods are commonly prepared for specific religious cultures, some are prepared for celebratory traditions within a culture and other foods are cooked and prepared with typical ingredients and processes in an ethnic culture. As an italian-american, i have come too appreciate foods traditionally prepared within italian culture as well as those more common in the united states as a whole. A cultural meal that is specifically meaningful to me would be the italian seven fish dinner.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers