PSY 0010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Cognitive Psychology, Memory Consolidation, Frontal Lobe

33 views5 pages
1 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Dreams: dreams content, dreams incorporate experiences of the previous day a. i. They can incorporate actual experiences or things you"ve thought about a. ii. People who have just suffered from a traumatic experience are more likely to have nightmares a. iii. People in hunter-gathering societies report more dreams involving animals a. iv. Musicians report more dreams involving music: dreams can also incorporate experiences we are not capable of, such as flying b. i. Our dreams are not limited to what we experience in our lives: dreams can also incorporate current sensory experiences c. i. While we are sleeping, our brains can process sensory information: we cannot memorize information in our sleep d. i. We typically forget anything that happens in the last five minutes before we fall asleep: dreams purpose, freudian explanation a. i. Freud was the first person to really study dreams and is most commonly associated with dreams a. ii. He thought that dreams were the royal road to the unconscious desires and wishes a. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers