PSY 0010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Heritability, Osteoporosis, Schizotypal Personality Disorder

60 views6 pages
1 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

It is most prevalent in adolescence, particularly in women and girls b. ii. It is sometimes paired with excessive exercise b. iii. The health consequences of anorexia are increased risk for osteoporosis, low blood pressure, infertility (amenorrhea is the cessation of the menstrual cycle), and death b. iv. Anorexia nervosa has the highest death rate of any psychological disorder b. v. There are also psychological symptoms, including a distorted body image: bulimia nervosa is when a person alternates binge-eating with purging or fasting c. i. Purging can include vomiting or using laxatives c. ii. Excessive exercise is often associated with bulimia c. iii. Health consequences include gastrointestinal and colon problems or dental problems: binge-eating disorder includes significant binge-eating episodes followed by distress, disgust, or guilt d. i. Health consequences include obesity or becoming overweight d. ii. Binge-eating disorder is a new diagnosis added to the dsm-5: eating disorders: causes, genes a. i. There is evidence of a genetic predisposition to all of these eating disorders a. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers