PSY 1059 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Dysthymia, Insomnia, Light Therapy

17 views3 pages
13 Sep 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Propaganda rather than new facts reported without bias. 2 broad types: only depressive symptoms, involves manic symptoms. Clinical depression: significant impairment in mood and behavior: more than just the (cid:862)winter (cid:271)lues(cid:863, not treatable with parties. & ii = 15-22% of individuals with bd had sad. With seasonal variation: lifetime preponderance, re(cid:272)urrent mde"s in winter (past 2 years, remission or mania/hypomania in spring, no seasonal (i. e. school) explanation. A regular pattern of depressive episodes that begin at a specific time of the year (i. e. fall or winter), and which are not related to seasonal stressors sech as school or seasonal unemployment. The episodes end (or change to mania or hypomania) at a specific time of the year (i. e. spring) The pattern has occurred for two years with no non-seasonal episodes. A person has had more seasonal episodes. 66 participants assessed 10 years after sad diagnosis. Some people remitted but still had a drop in winter in mood but not clinically significant.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers