01:119:115 Lecture 5: lecture 5-Unikonts II Animals

48 views11 pages

Document Summary

28. 2: review concept 28. 5, characteristics of animals, all animals are heterotrophs a. i. Will ingest their food, and digested inside their body: characterized by unique cell structure. There are proteins that are external to the plasma membrane b. iv. b. iv. 1. b. iv. 2. b. iv. 3. Collagen is the most abundant: organization, all animals have cells that are specialized to perform specific functions, most animals have differentiated tissue b. i. Differentiated tissues are gps of cells that common structure and act as a functional gp: higher forms have differentiated organ c. i. Specific function: muscle and nerve tissue d. i. We are going to see the process of meiosis e. iv. Small flagellated sperm which fertilizes a larger non motile egg which produces 2 zygotes: development. Cleavage - series of mitotic cell divisions w/out cell growth btw division f. ii. 1. Blastula - typically a hollow ball of cells that surround f. iii. 1. Archenteron pouch opens to outside via blasted ore. Some animals develop directly into adults (ex humans) f. vi. f. vii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers