01:119:116 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Seminiferous Tubule, Sequential Hermaphroditism, Vas Deferens

66 views5 pages

Document Summary

A. a)single parent 100% of your genes are your parent"s (maximizes number of genes you pass on to your offspring) Parthenogenesis: wasps (arthropoda) (a. d. 1. i)makes zygote on your own, clones of parent (a. d. 1. ii) Lays eggs on host which eat up the host and destroy it (a. d. 2) Budding: hydra (cnidaria) (a. d. 2. i)a little child buds off the parent and becomes its own organism (a. d. 3) Fission: anemone (a. d. 3. i)gets so big that it pulls apart (a. d. 4) 100% of your genes passed on to the next generation: sexual reproduction. B. a)most animals reproduce sexually because of genetic diversity. B. b)only pass on half of your genes, your children might be better at surviving in your environment, the more variant the environment the more sexual reproduction there will be. Cycles times reproduction for best resources (b. d. 1. i) ex. Aphids produce sexually and asexually: hermaphroditism (hermes and aphrodite) C. a)things that probably won"t run into the opposite sexes.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers