01:830:101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Reaction Formation, Unconscious Mind, Extraversion And Introversion

10 views4 pages
coralporcupine379 and 85 others unlocked
01:830:101 Full Course Notes
01:830:101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
172 documents

Document Summary

The big five personality factors are broad dimensions used to describe general tendencies or types of human personality. Neuroticism: sensitive/nervous vs. secure/confident (acronym ocean) Analysis of trait factors personality may be defined by to two primary dimensions, extraversion-introversion. Questionnaires designed to measure a wide range of feelings, behaviors and traits all at once (often t/f or agree-disagree responses to a series of statements) Most widely used of all personality tests. The mmpi contains 567 items that distinguish between normal & pathological. Questions: true or false: i have a good appetite, i wake up fresh & rested most mornings, and i think i would like the work of a librarian. Questions about the big five: how stable are these traits, quite stable in adulthood, but they change throughout development, how heritable are they, approx 50% percent for each trait, how about other cultures, traits are common across cultures.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers