Premium

3 Pages

Department
Asian Studies
Course Code
ASIAN 101
Professor
A.Feres

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
ASIAN 101 - Lecture 10 - Vietnam Early Settlement The early people settled from Indonesia by 10,000 BCE This period was the known as the Neolithic Age by 8,000 BCE There was wet and dry rice farming Indian and Chinese Influence The North Delta region Malao-Polynesian settlement traded with Indian There was migration of the Southern Chinese during the Han expansion during the 2nd BCE Bronze Age The Dong Son culture had Bronze Drums called Dong Son Hung Dynasty The Hung Dynasty is not well-known as it is semi-legendary There was fishing, hunting, rice-cultivation, Lac irrigation canals, buffalo, beans The people were called the Lac people by China The Lac Lords ruled irrigation areas They also had pottery and bamboo work They were overthrown in 258 BCE by Au Lac China Colonization The region was annexed by the Han in 111 BCE and colonized by the Chinese general Trieu Da There were schools, an exam system, and Confucian thought The Trung Sisters Trung Trac and Trung Nhi led a rebellion in year 40 AD against the Han dynasty Chinese Their resistance created a spirit of nationhood among the Vietnamese This set the stage for future resistance against foreign invaders Women of Vietnam Women enjoyed a relatively high status Women could inherit property through the mothers line
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit