BIOL 203 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Paracrine Signalling, Cell Signaling, Homeostasis

35 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Last week in biology class, i started learning about the cells in our bodies and how they communicate with each other. It made me realize that you probably don"t know about the process that cells go through in order to send messages. I decided to write you a letter to enlighten you about cell signaling, how it works, and the complications that can occur when communication between our cells does not function correctly. I also wanted to brainstorm some ideas with you about how this information could be used to benefit other young people in our society. Cell signaling is very important in multicellular organisms like humans. that is why the cells in our bodies have two different ways of sending signals, either local or long-distance signaling. With local signaling, cells may communicate through direct physical contact with each other through cell junctions or over short distances with messenger molecules.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers