CHEM 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Hydrochloric Acid, Lab Notebook, Observational Error

44 views4 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Procedure : to see a general outline of the experiment steps to be followed, please see page. The changes made to this experiment include not diluting the. 6. 0m hcl like we were told to in the manual, as well as using 0. 060 g of alloy in part c. Calculated data of part c for the unknown alloy. In our last experiment, we observed the amount of h gas produced when hydrochloric. Discussion/questions acid reacts with aluminum, zinc, or an aluminum-zinc alloy. For just aluminum and zinc, we conducted one trial each. Then my partner and i each chose different unknown aluminum-zinc alloys and carried out two trials separately. This experiment was very fun to observe, and not terribly difficult to carry out. However, there were several sources of potential error that i recognized. Systematic error could have occurred if the gas transfer tube was dysfunctional and allowed h gas to escape into the air in the room.