MGT 357 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Nonverbal Communication, Paralanguage, Kinesics

9 views2 pages
17 Feb 2021
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Meaning of trust and how it is communicated vary across societies. When there is trust between parties, implicit understanding arises within communications. Create a clear and calculated basis for natural benefit. Subtle messages account for between 65-93% of interpreted communication. Minor variations in body language, speech rhythms, and punctuality often cause mistrust and misperception of the situation among cross- cultural parties. Proxemics - influence of proximity and space on communication, both personal space and office space or layout. High-contract cultures - prefer to stand close and to experience a close sensory involvement. Low-contact cultures - have a distance style of body language. Paralanguage - how something is said rather than the content. Object language/material culture - the way we communicate through material artifacts. Mono-chronic cultures - time experienced in a linear way. P l h i lt t l t thi h i i lt l d f l thi t.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers