PSY 321 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Occupational Stress, Perceived Control, Stressor

7 views8 pages
8 Mar 2021
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Something that is unpleasant upsets your feeling of balance or equilibrium. General adaptation syndrome (gas) has three key phases: Alarm - spike in your nervous system (fight or flight) Resistance - successfully coping to get back to homeostasis. Stress is aversive social interactions in the work environment. Stress is aversive role expectations in the work environment. Stress is how people evaluate or interpret the work environment. Acknowledge that stress is a process that includes both the description of stimulus and response. Stressor - like workload, low perceived control, and conflict with others. St i ti t k t h t i ti lik ti ti l lik h d h h i l t. Strains - reactions to work events or characteristics, like emotional reactions or physical symptoms like headaches. Organizational constraints - work conditions that make it difficult to perform one"s job (work and people aspects) Interpersonal conflict - negative interactions with others in the workplace.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers